Low Carb Rice Dish
Recipe by Michelle Harris
Course: Main Meal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cool Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This low carb rice dish made from cauliflower is delicious and super easy to make. So many variations and a fantastic alternative to those wanting to avoid gluten and grains. The ghee provides a beautiful rich flavour (for those of you who are unfamiliar with ghee, it is clarified butter and is available in supermarkets).
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of ghee (you can use butter, ghee is richer)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 knob of ginger ground
- 1 bunch of coriander chopped
- 2 cups of beans
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 2 Tablespoons of tamari
- Blitz the raw cauliflower till it is rice like.
- Then add your “rice” cauliflower and all the other ingredients to a pan on low heat, allowing the ghee and tamari to melt through.
- Serve with any main dish, goes really well with curries
When you are in a rush you can simply add the cauliflower to butter with celtic sea salt
Add additional vegetables of your liking
Serve with patties and a dip or Serve with a roast
If you want to keep it raw, just blitz the cauliflower and dress with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, ginger and tamari