Healthy Rainbow Salad
Recipe by Michelle Harris
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
A Delicious Option for Lunch, Dinner or that next family gathering.
The Salad contains healthy fats and proteins to balance our blood sugar and weight – but also includes an array of healthy vegetables to aid with healthy digestion, mood and ageing.
This one was fun and super simple. Just prep the following ingredients and build your own salad.
The secret is to mix it all together at the end. The pumpkin and Avo mash make a delish dressing if you do this.
- Roast some pumpkin and red capsicum.
- Fill a bowel with spinach +add the following
- Grate some beetroot
- Mash one avo with one lemon
- Dice 1 punnet of cherrie tomatoes
- Dice 1/2 red onion finely
- Add desired amount of pumpkin and capsicum on top (half a cup cooked is plenty, although my husband gets away with 5x that )
- I then added some diced chicken and mixed it all together!
Simple, yum and easy to make double batches.
Make sure you use lots of spinach, it disappears once you mix it all up and helps to balance out the blend of veggies
Tip: This does taste amazing with a little goats cheese and sprinkle of pine nuts if you have them.
Enjoy, let me know what you think