My family have been craving more vegetarian based meals the last few months, so I thought I would share a creation with you that seems to be a regular request on our menu.
We are all about Easy, Healthy, Clean and packed full of Nutrition when we prepare meals
I pretty much just adjust the vegetables to what I have on hand/left over or what’s in season or out the garden. I recently was gifted a bunch of kale so I added that in there too!
My Hot tip, if you have time, steam and mash some sweet potato and bake it like a pie, it’s the best! (this rarely happens in our house hold as time is off the essence!)
- 2 Tbsp olive Oil
- 2 brown onion chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large white potatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- Mushrooms 250-500g chopped (depending on how moist or dry you like your curry) I suggest leaving out if you’re making this into a pie
- 3 Tbsp curry powder (more or less depending on your taste buds) I like the Nature’s delight organic blend
- 1.5 tsp of garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tin Ayam light coconut milk
- 2 tins organic (BPA free) tinned chickpeas. I try to soak and cook my own when time permits
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1tsp of coriander seeds and black pepper corns crushed
Topping (for pie)
Steam and mash sweet potato and add it as a topping. Bake in the oven until brown.
- Chop all veggies in approx. 1x1cm cubes
- Fry the onion gently for 5-10minutes in the oil
- Add the diced sweet potato, carrot, white potato and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the other vegetables, curry powder, garam masala and garlic and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the coconut cream, chickpeas and bring mixtures to a gentle simmer and cook covered for about 20minutes, stirring often so it doesn’t stick to the bottom, until the veggies are how you like them. If it seems to dry add a dash of water.
- Stir in finely shopped bunch of coriander
- Let it cool a little before adding the sweet potato topping
Works well as leftovers!!
Optional veggies I also use, kale chopped, broccoli and mushrooms chopped
I hope you enjoy this vegetarian favourite in our family