- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp mixed spice
- Zest of 1 small orange (optional)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 eggs (2 for the mixture, 1 for glazing)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Combine the almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, mixed spice, orange zest and coconut sugar in a medium bowl, stirring well to remove any lumps.
- Whisk together the coconut oil, honey, 2 eggs and vanilla in a jug. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the raisins and stir to combine.
- Roll 1/4 cup worth of mixture into a bun shape and add to baking tray. Repeat with rest of mixture. Whisk remaining egg and using a pastry brush, brush each bun with a little egg to glaze.
- Add to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before piping a cross on each bun with the melted dark chocolate (Add the dark chocolate to a snaplock bag and then cut off a tiny corner using scissors. Then pipe the chocolate straight onto the bun.)
Enjoy with a nut butter or organic cow’s butter
Happy guilt free baking!